Last week was ca-razy! We had an earthquake, a
hurricane tropical storm, and a tornado! Luckily, things weren't too bad over here. Anywho, I made a post about these shorts a long long time ago (a little over a month) when I had absolutely NO followers. I've come a long way! I saw some American flag shorts at Topshop and wanted them, but refused to pay fifty bucks. I took some ugly thrift store shorts I had, cut them a little shorter, and painted the American flag on em. Then I went all Crystin the Carpenter on these bad boys and used some of my dad's sand paper to make the holes.
1. Get some old unwanted shorts. Cut them to the desired length.
2. Paint one half of the shorts blue.
3. While that's drying, take a ruler and a pencil, and draw the stripes on the other half. Make sure the pencil is light enough that you can paint over it.
4. Paint every other stripe red. Let this side dry.
5. Draw or print a star in the size you want on a piece of cardboard or paper. Take that and place it on a sponge and cut the sponge in the shape of the star.
6. Dip the star in white paint and go crazy on the blue side! (or not, it's your choice)
7. Go to the side with the stripes and paint in the white stripes.
8. Add your own modifications: studs, holes, frayed edges, let your inner Picasso come to life.
Voila! Instant fabulousness!